Works better than Ambien, Rozerem, Lunesta, and Sonata combined!!!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Down the home stretch!

Well. Today was officially the last day of work before my scheduled C-section. Actually, it worked out pretty well since I had originally taken off this Friday through next Sunday due to my son's spring break, which is always Good Friday and the week after. Little did I know that my C-section would be scheduled for that week and I actually get 13 weeks off with the new baby rather than the 12 week FMLA. One week extra, hooray!

Well, I got my new spinning wheel, SpinOlution's new travel wheel, the Bee. I would post pictures, but I haven't gotten any so no pictures as of yet. It's performing waaaay better than I thought it would and I've already spun up a nice lace weight yarn on it. Of course, when I get on a spinning "trip", I usually go way overboard because a couple of weeks ago I decided I needed to upgrade my carder. Don't get me wrong, I love my Strauch Finest but I wanted something, oh, electric driven. So I knew that Strauch had recently put out an electric version of the Finest, but I had told myself a few years ago that if I were to upgrade, I'd upgrade to the Pat Green Supercard, especially since it has like three heads and it runs only on 2 amps so it's pretty environmentally friendly. So needless to say, I sent the check a couple of weeks ago and just this afternoon I spoke to the very nice Paula Simmons Green who told me that my Supercard will be shipping on April 23rd! So there will be posts soon with pictures of (hopefully) both my new Bee and the Supercard!! Wow. I really am way more addicted to fiber and fiber related equiptment...actually I even have a list of potential wheels for my next wheel purchase. I wonder if there's counselling for this kind of addiction?

No comments: