Works better than Ambien, Rozerem, Lunesta, and Sonata combined!!!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sorry, mom

When my mom was here helping me take care of little Caoimhe, I had taken a ribbon that was tied around one of her baby gifts and just kind of laid it on her head and took a picture because I thought it was really cute.  My mom, on the other hand, said that she had no idea why white people had this thing about putting headbands on little babies.  Well, first off, I'm not white, so that was really, really confusing, and second, it IS cute, white or non-white I think Caoimhe looks adorable with a girlie little headband.  I finally asked my mom why she hated headbands so much considering that many powerful women seem to like them.  Like, hello!!  Secretary of State Hilary Clinton (just don't ask for her husband's opinion on headbands) made them all fashionable for us old people again!  Apparently, when my mom worked as a live-out nanny for this family, the mom insisted on putting on a headband for her little girl and the baby did not like it so the baby was constantly taking it off and my mom would pretty much spend all day putting that headband back on every time the baby took it off.  Now I understand why she hates them so much, because if I had to do that, after about ten minutes there would be a bonfire of cute girlie headbands in the backyard and me dancing nekkid in a circle around it screaming victory cries.  Fortunately for me, Caoimhe has always loved having something on her head, unlike her big brother who would do the 100 yard hat toss.  I made sure that the whole time I was in the hospital she was wearing that stocking cap, no matter how ugly I thought it was.  Because of that, I am now reaping the rewards!  After a weekend shopping trip to Target, I have a supply of lacy, girlie headbands that I have ceremoniously placed on Caoimhe's head each day.  I think it ups her cuteness and she seems to enjoy it, too!  Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure!

No comments: